Have you ever wondered about the various stages of VFX production?
Now, you can not only explore them yourself, but also experience them and learn about each of the stages in detail.
In this course, we will go through a complete VFX production project. We will be starting with the idea, developing the storyboards, filming, working with the footage and undertaking Post Production and VFX works, like 3D Modeling, UV and Texturing, Lighting, Tracking, Animation, Rendering, Chroma Keying, 2D and 3D Integration, Color Grading, Editing and so much more.
Throughout this course, you will be introduced to the underlying skills of CG and prepare you to be confident in VFX production environments.
This course consists of several stages:
Stage 1 – Idea, Filming, Tracking
- We’ll go through analysis of the assignment, idea generation, script and storyboard creation, production planning, and filming.
- We’ll select the best takes from our footage and will create a rough primary editing.
- Next we’ll start helmet object tracking in selected takes for future object replacement (Software: PFTrack)
Stage 2 – Transforming Helmet
- Helmet concept development (ideas, details, futuristic elements)
- Helmet 3D modeling, UV layout, texturing, shading, rigging, and animation (Software: Maya, Photoshop)
Stage 3 – Holographic Interface
- Holographic Interface concept development (ideas, details, futuristic elements)
- 2.5D Holographic Interface creation and animation (Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
Stage 4 – Military Robot
- Military Robot concept development (ideas, details, futuristic elements)
- Military Robot 3D modeling, UV layout, texturing, shading, rigging, and animation (Software: Photoshop, Maya)
Stage 5 – Futuristic Indoor and Outdoor Environment
- Environment concept development (ideas, details, futuristic elements)
- Environment modeling, UV layout, texturing, shading, lighting and animation of elements (Software: Photoshop, Maya)
Stage 6 – VFX, Dynamics and Particles
- 3D objects fracture, dynamics, dust, smoke, explosion and atmospheric effects creation (Software: Maya)
Stage 7 – Rendering, Compositing, Editing
- Rendering using passes and layers (Software: Maya)
- Compositing (Software: Nuke)
- Sound, Video Editing and final tweaks (Software: Premiere)
Where and how to begin with VFX Production? How to work with green-screen footage (chroma keying)? How to track real objects in the footage to replace them with virtual ones (object tracking, matchmoving)? How to create 3D objects and environments (modeling, texturing, shading)? What is compositing and how to realistically render 3D models and integrate them with real footage (lighting, rendering, compositing)? How to edit your video (editing)? How to create a sound track for your video (sound design, sound editing)?
These and any other questions you might have will be answered during this course on VFX production.